Welcome!

Welcome! Since I will not have the resources to e mail my usual circle of friends and family while in Ecuador, this is it. This Blog will be my vehicle for "dropping you a line..."

Friday, December 31, 2010

How it began...

Two years ago Bill and I traveled to see the Nazca Lines, Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands. To end the trip, we wanted to experience the rain forest. That is how we discovered Kapawi Ecolodge. The lodge offers treks into the rain forest, marvelous accommodations and personable, experienced guides. We learned about many plants and animals, as well as some of the Achuar customs. Once we returned home, and shared our experiences with our family, I felt a profound need to, not only learn more about the Achuar people, but to find a way to provide a book about the Achuar for tourists visiting Kapawi. That was in 2008. After many months and many inquiries, the proposal was written and approved! More about this in later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment