Welcome!

Welcome! Since I will not have the resources to e mail my usual circle of friends and family while in Ecuador, this is it. This Blog will be my vehicle for "dropping you a line..."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

planning ahead

Travel always requires pre planning. One item not to forget is that immunizations take at least 4 weeks to take affect. For Ecuador, you need Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B; and if you will be traveling outside of urban areas,  Typhoid and Yellow Fever.  Today I take my third malaria tablet. I will take one table every week there and for 4 weeks after returning home. Next on my list today is to pack snacks for the airplane! The actual flight time from Phoenix to Miami is only 4 hours, and 4 hours from Miami to Quito. It is all of the security and wait time that makes for a long travel day. We will drive to Phoenix and spend the night, have dinner with the kids. My flight is early Wednesday a.m. I should me situated in my hotel in Quito by midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment