Welcome!

Welcome! Since I will not have the resources to e mail my usual circle of friends and family while in Ecuador, this is it. This Blog will be my vehicle for "dropping you a line..."

Monday, January 3, 2011

"cold" weather

It is a good thing that I have Quito and Shell Mera weather widgets on the computer. Otherwise I would not have noticed that is is in the low 50's and raining!  I think I will add my silk long johns to the suitcase. Yuma, too, has been cold the past several days. We had to cover our tender outdoor plants to protect them from damage. Good thing it did not freeze as we could not cover our citrus trees! The tangelos are ready to pick. Guess this is our "week" of winter here in the desert. Experiencing the cooler weather here will make an easier transition for me to Quito temperatures. And drinking mate de coca (cocoa tea) once I arrive will help me adjust to the altitude. Quito, the capital of Ecuador, is the second highest administrative capital of the world, at 9200 feet. Curious about cocoa tea?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_tea

No comments:

Post a Comment