Welcome!

Welcome! Since I will not have the resources to e mail my usual circle of friends and family while in Ecuador, this is it. This Blog will be my vehicle for "dropping you a line..."

Monday, July 11, 2011

Coming to an end...

Here it is July. I have been writing nearly every day since I returned from Kapawi. I did have a week of travel recovery and a bit of jungle fungi to combat... And a few breaks with family along the way. But other than that, I have worked on the book like it was an 8 to five job. And it was! I completed the draft of the book yesterday!!! Every time I re-read it, I tweak it a bit. I think it is time to stop! I am sure it has some editing corrections to be made, and I have several very capable people to help with that. I have also sorted photos to include. As I look at the photos, they bring back fond memories and make be lonesome for the Achuar people. Especially the friends I made while staying at the lodge. They are very special. I do want to go back, but since this has been a volunteer effort, I have a lot of saving up to do before I can make that trip again! The book will be available from the Achuar at Kapawi. When it is ready for print, I will post how you can get a copy! All proceeds will go the the Achuar. They are struggling to keep their land and their culture. Revenue from the book will help them greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment